keskiviikko 26. tammikuuta 2011

The Cat Photographer

This morning was one of the most beautiful mornings during this winter so far. The trees, the streets, the cars, everything is covered with snow. Huge amounts of it. It has been snowing so much lately it's impossible to drive cars for instance. Until the streets are uncovered no one moves. There are at least 0,5 meters of snow everywhere and by the sides of the roads the piles are even higher. Snow brings some challenges to our everyday life here in the North, but it also makes everything amazingly beautiful. When the sun shines on the untouched fields of snow, the views are breathtaking.

Inspired by the weather, as soon as I had got up, I took my two cameras and off I went to the freezing cold weather. I had walked to one of my favorite spots by the lake (approx. 2km) when I noticed that the battery of my small camera was running out - and that I had left the battery of my Nikon at home. Typical.

I had a nice walk in the park however, and while I was walking back I came up with a new title for my blog.  Got excited about this. It is so hard to come up with a proper title! I love cats and photography, so I thought it is only natural for me to title this blog "the cat photographer". I have loads of cat pictures and the best ones I thought I will share here. I was also thinking that I might resend some of my old blog posts while I was still travelling as there are some very nice photos from those times. Which reminds me of this: I am still (even to my own surprisement) seriously considering of rejoining Emirates - I miss travelling so much. At the same time, I am extremely grateful about the possibility of being back home and studying. It is only few months left and then we, 50 new police cadets, are sent to the "field", to the real world.

Let's see what happens. Rushing never does any good.


"It is not what we get, but who we become, what we contribute... that gives meaning to our lives." Tony Robbins 

Picture taken in December 2010. "I am such a sweetheart, aren't I?!"

9 kommenttia:

  1. Thanks for dropping by! There's one town here, full of cats. Right now, it's one of the attractions. I'll be visiting the place soon :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Oh really! I'm looking forward to seeing some photos in your blog ;)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Thank you for following my blog. You have some great images on here. Will visit again soon. Take care!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Oh thank you Mersad! You made my day! I really adore your work, amazing photos... Keep it up! Take care!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Thank you so much for your comments on my blog!!! I have missed your diary so much! Love your photos. I remember you breed cats.

    Sad times here...but will be back to visit you
    Fi

    VastaaPoista
  6. What's better then a cold winterday and a character-cat at home.

    Hartmut

    VastaaPoista
  7. Fi: I have missed you so so much, so good to hear from you! I was so sad to hear about your situation at the moment. I want to send you all the strenght there is and a huge empowering hug! You will be in my thoughts!

    Torsdag1952: Spot on! :)

    VastaaPoista
  8. Life loves the LIVER of it!
    You are a LIVER.
    I can sense that... :)
    That's wonderful!

    I have six cat's,
    by the way. ;)

    See you around.
    Take care.

    VastaaPoista
  9. Ida it takes one to recognise another!!! ;) I must say I had exactly the same feeling when I visited your lovely blog! Will keep posted for sure! Take care. Ps. We share the love for cats, but we also share the same first name. FUNNY coincidence!

    VastaaPoista

Thank you for your time and thoughts! Truly appreciated!