One of my favorite shots of Phoenix (my cat) from last summer (July 2010).
Flashes from the past: a blog post from the Diary of Pienovski (26th in 2008)
Today. I am sitting in a cafe. There are no customers here. Just three waitresses playing a game in the corner. They don't react when I come in. And that's fine as it gives me more time to think what I want. As they don't have any smoothies I order a cappuccino, like I always do, and sit down in the nearest table to the counter eventhough the whole restaurant is empty. I take a book from my handbag and start reading it. The TV is on in the other room. The picture quality is bad, but the sound is brilliant. They are playing Celine Dion's concert from the 90s. She is so beautiful. I am drawn to her voice and instantly feel like staying here, much longer than I planned. So I take a comfortable position and let myself forget about everything around me as I focus on my book. I take zips of hot cappuccino. What I am reading makes me feel powerful. Makes me feel like I am learning the biggest secrets of mankind. I am laughing to myself. I feel overwhelmed. I think faster than I ever have. "Thoughts become things" the book tells me. If that is true I need to master my thoughts much better.
After a while Celine's beautiful voice in the background makes me turn my head toward the blurry image on the TV screen again and listen for a while. Makes all kinds of memories come to my mind. I change my table. I want to be closer to her. She continues to sing. I think of her life. Her son. Her husband. I think of her talent. I think of her humble attitude. Then I focus on my book again. But I stop almost immeaditely. I have that feeling. I NEED to write. Luckily I have my laptop with me. I take it out and start.
It is the 26th of December. I look at my watch. Half past seven. Sitting in an empty cafe that is on the verge of a bankcruptcy. I am alone, but I don't feel lonely. I look outside and through my own reflection in the window I see cars passing by. It is dark. Someone in a tracking suit. That's very unusual I think. I look accross the road and I see a gym. And the photoshop. I think of my plan. I think of my beautiful secrets. The ones that keep me smiling.
Now, a beautiful lady in a yellow suit, long hair. I wonder why is it that I can't leave this place. I feel forced to stay. In a good way. I don't want this moment to end. I turn my head towards the screen as the song changes again. I watch Celine dancing to the beats of BeeGees. Staying alive. I have never seen her dancing like that. "She is good" I think. The music ends. I stop. I realise where I am again. I am still sitting in this cafe. Only now my cup is empty and it is time to go.
As the song changes once more I decide to listen to it before I go. I stare at the screen. She sings. In French. The whole stadium is listening. Singing with her. I would too if I knew French. Or at least I'd take a lighter out if I had one. I smile. I find this to be one of those perfect moments in my life.
I walk back home, hugging my old black laptop. Few people pass by and I smile at them. I smile eventhough I shouldn't smile at strangers in this country. It is not safe. So they say. I keep on smiling as I approach my building. I stop at Spinneys to buy two cans of tuna and vanilla flavoured instant coffee. I find it amusing. But this is my life now. And I love it. I leave the Spinneys and take the road that leads to my building. I am thinking of the lessons from the book I am reading. "What you are thinking now is creating your future life. You create your life with your own thoughts. Because you are always thinking, you are always creating. What you think about the most or focus on the most, is what will appear as your life." I suddenly remember that I need to buy water. I decide to buy it from the grocery shop next to my building despite the fact it smells really bad in there and it is always crammed with indian men.
Carrying the heavy six pack of water, my laptop and handbag I struggle to cross the road to my building. Almost there. "Your life is a mirror of the dominant thoughts you think." I repeat to myself when I step inside the elevator. After reaching my apartment I start cooking right away. Lovely pasta I bought from Milan and the tuna I just bought from Spinneys. On top I pour organic olive oil I brought from Greece. A little bit of fresh italian lemon and delicious pieces of apple. The lemon fills the air with such a lovely scent. I have not had a lemon like this for ages.
Thank you for reading!
Have the most FABULOUS WEEKEND!

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti
Thank you for your time and thoughts! Truly appreciated!