tiistai 25. tammikuuta 2011

Make your life a masterpiece!

"I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk." Tony Robbins

Do you remember how it felt like to be a 5-year-old? Do you remember how much fun it was to go and swim in the summer? Feel like a fish? Do you remember how excited you were to get the toy you wanted so much? The happiness? Do you remember how the raindrops felt on your young skin? Do you remember how exciting it was to go to the forest and play?

Can you still enter the imaginary world that felt so real back then?

I must say I miss the times my only worry was to pick a dress for my barbie. Is such a worryless life a very distant and far fetched idea? After all? What are our problems made of? Are they really problems? How do we even define a problem? >By being inactive when facing a situation that just should be dealt with? Why let anything become a problem in the first place?

The worries don't seem to exist when we are truly present in our own life. I'm writing this sitting in front of my computer while I am enjoying a nice big cup of tea. Right now, I don't have any problems. My problems only exist in the future. Isn't that interesting? What about you? What problems do you have at this very moment?

I have not been around for too long (+25years), but I'd say I've been here long enough, to know that no mather how much I worry, the worrying itself is never going solve the original problem. It'll do other things though: take the joy and energy out of what I am doing – or could be doing. Cut the wings from creativity. Hinder me from even trying to find a solution. Make me feel sad and blue.

Everything will be fine in the end. Been to hell and back, like many of us have, so I know. Worrying though is like a permanent bone fraction: makes the other hand unuseful. How much more could one accomplish with two hands!?

I want to play with an idea of worryless everyday life. I will make it my goal to approach everyday with the enthusiasm I felt when I was a 5-year-old. Anticipate adventure when I get up in the morning. Be ready to say "HI!" to a stranger and make new friends. So easy it was back then. I will also make an effort to forget about adults' rules and etiquette that forces us to be something we naturally aren't.

Just an idea of that makes me smile.

Nothing is impossible. No one puts a tax on our dreams. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?  And then what is stopping you? You are the artist. You choose the size of the canvas, the colours, the style... Be creative and be brave. Go and make your life a masterpiece.



Picture by me from summer 2010.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Thank you for your time and thoughts! Truly appreciated!